After installing XAMPP the following steps need to be performed to start and run the WAMP server.
- Open the XAMPP control panel from start menu or desktop.
- The following is the XAMPP control panel
- Click Start of the highlighted area
To start a FTP server click on Start button corresponding to FileZilla (FTP server will come in handy for easy installation of themes, modules etc when creating websites using drupal or wordpress)
- The control panel looks like the below after the Apache & MySQL servers are running
- Now the servers are running. To check whether its running perfectly open any web browser and type http://localhost/ in the address bar and press enter. If the servers are running properly the browser should be appearing like below